Are you an up-and-coming artist on SoundCloud looking to gain more followers? In this guide, we will explore various strategies for building your audience and increasing your visibility on the platform. From optimizing your profile and creating engaging content to utilizing social media and networking with other artists, we will cover all the essential tips for getting more followers on SoundCloud.
How to get followers on SoundCloud?
Optimize your profile:
- Use a clear profile picture and bio: Your profile picture should be a high-resolution photo of yourself or your band/artist name. Your bio should be a short, clear, and engaging description of who you are and what kind of music you make.
- Make sure your tracks are easily accessible: Organize your tracks into playlists and make sure they are easily accessible from your profile.
- Use keywords: Use relevant keywords in your bio, track titles, and tags so that people can find your music more easily when searching on SoundCloud.
- Link to your other social media accounts: Include links to your other social media accounts on your SoundCloud profile to help people find you and follow you elsewhere.
- Use a custom URL: Make it easy for people to find your SoundCloud profile by using a custom URL that is easy to remember and easy to share.
- Use the “Promote on SoundCloud” feature: This feature allows you to promote your tracks and profile to a larger audience and can help you get more plays and followers.
- Be active on SoundCloud: Regularly upload new music and engage with your audience to keep them interested and engaged.
- Collaborate with others: Collaborating with other artists can help you get more followers and exposure on the platform.
Create engaging content:
- Share high-quality, original music: Make sure your tracks are well-produced and polished, and that they showcase your unique style and sound.
- Use relevant tags and titles: Use tags that are relevant to your music and choose titles that are memorable and help your tracks to be easily found.
- Share behind-the-scenes content: Share behind-the-scenes photos, videos, and information about your creative process to give your audience a deeper understanding of your music and to help them feel more connected to you as an artist.
- Collaborate with other artists: Collaborating with other artists can help you create new and interesting content and can also help you get more exposure and followers.
- Share remixes and covers: Share your remixes and covers of other people’s songs to show your versatility as an artist.
- Use visual elements: Add visual elements to your tracks such as album art, video, and others to make them more appealing and engaging.
- Share stories, anecdotes, or lyrics meaning: Sharing the stories behind your songs, anecdotes, or lyrics meaning can help your audience connect with your music on a deeper level.
Utilize social media:
Share your tracks on other social media platforms and include links to your SoundCloud profile.
- Share your tracks on other social media platforms: Share your tracks on platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, and include links to your SoundCloud profile so that people can easily find and follow you.
- Use Instagram stories and IGTV: Use Instagram stories and IGTV to share short clips of your music, behind-the-scenes footage, and other engaging content.
- Live to stream: Use live streaming platforms like Instagram Live, YouTube Live, or Twitch to play live shows, answer questions, and interact with your audience.
- Create a YouTube channel: Create a YouTube channel and upload your tracks along with music videos, behind-the-scenes footage, and other engaging content.
- Use hashtags: Use relevant hashtags on all your social media posts to make it easier for people to find your music and follow you.
- Run social media contests and giveaways: Run social media contests and giveaways to increase engagement and grow your following.
Network with other artists:
Networking with other artists can help you gain followers on SoundCloud by exposing your music to a wider audience. Collaborating with other artists can also lead to new opportunities and connections in the music industry. Additionally, working with other artists can help you learn new techniques and gain feedback on your music. Overall, networking can help you build a community around your music and increase your visibility on SoundCloud.
Engage with your audience:
Engaging with your audience is important for gaining followers on SoundCloud because it helps to build a relationship with your listeners. When you engage with your audience, you are showing that you value their support and are interested in their feedback.
This can lead to a more loyal fan base that is more likely to share your music with others and become a follower. Additionally, engaging with your audience can help you understand what they like and dislike about your music, which can help you create content that is more tailored to their interests.
By engaging with your audience, you can create a community around your music and increase your visibility on SoundCloud.
Promote your tracks:
There are several ways to promote your tracks to gain followers on SoundCloud:
- Share your tracks on social media: Share your SoundCloud tracks on your social media accounts and in relevant online communities to get more people listening to your music.
- Reach out to bloggers and music reviewers: Look for music bloggers and reviewers who cover your genre, and send them your music for potential coverage and review.
- Utilize SoundCloud’s promotion tools: SoundCloud allows you to promote your tracks to their audience by using their promotion tools, such as promoted tracks and reposts by Soundcloud Curators.
Use tags and titles effectively:
Using tags and titles effectively can help you gain followers on SoundCloud by making it easier for people to find your music.
- Tags: SoundCloud allows you to tag your tracks with relevant keywords, which makes it easier for people searching for music in a specific genre or style to discover your tracks.
- Titles: A well-written title that accurately describes your track can help people understand what your music is about and whether it’s something they might be interested in listening to.
By using relevant tags and titles, your tracks will be more likely to show up in search results and be recommended to potential followers. Additionally, it will also make it easy for other Soundcloud users to find your music, and for you to be found by music curators, playlist creators, and other industry professionals, giving you more opportunities to expand your audience.
How to get verified on Soundcloud?
SoundCloud offers a verification program for users with a significant following and a high level of engagement on the platform. Verification on SoundCloud is a way for users to show that their account is legitimate and that they are an artist or musicians with a significant following.
Here are the steps to get verified on SoundCloud:
- Meet the requirements: To be eligible for verification on SoundCloud, you must have a significant following and a high level of engagement on the platform.
- Apply for verification: Go to your settings and look for the verification request option, fill out the form with your personal information, and provide a link to your website or other social media profiles.
- Wait for a response: SoundCloud will review your application and determine if you meet the requirements for verification. If your application is approved, you will be notified and a verification badge will be added to your profile.
- Keep your account active: Once you’re verified, make sure to keep your account active and continue to engage with your followers to maintain your verified status.
Please keep in mind that Soundcloud’s verification process is subject to change, and the requirements and process may vary from time to time. Also, getting verified on Soundcloud does not guarantee an increase in followers or more visibility, but it is a way for the platform to recognize your presence and activity, and that you are a legitimate artist.
Is SoundCloud good for new artists?
SoundCloud can be a good platform for new artists to share their music and gain exposure. The platform has a large and active community of music lovers, and it is a great way for new artists to reach a wider audience and build a fanbase.
SoundCloud allows new artists to upload their music for free and share it with others, which can help them get their music heard by more people. The platform also has a built-in commenting system, so new artists can get feedback on their music and improve their skills. Additionally, SoundCloud has a feature called “Promote on SoundCloud” which allows artists to promote their tracks to the platform’s audience and reach a larger audience.
Additionally, Soundcloud has a powerful search and discovery feature, which allows users to find new music based on genre, popularity, and tags, this can be very helpful for new artists to be discovered by potential fans.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that the platform has a lot of competition, and getting noticed can be difficult. New artists need to put effort into promoting their music and building a fanbase through networking and engaging with their audience. Also, Soundcloud’s revenue-sharing system for artists is not as developed as other streaming platforms, so it may not be the best option for artists looking for a way to monetize their music.
Is SoundCloud good for DJs?
SoundCloud can be a great platform for DJs to share their music and gain exposure. The platform has a large and active community of music lovers, and it is a great way for DJs to reach a wider audience and build a fanbase.
SoundCloud allows DJs to upload their music for free and share it with others, which can help them get their music heard by more people. Additionally, DJs can use the platform to connect with other DJs and music enthusiasts and to find new music to play in their sets.
Furthermore, Soundcloud has a feature called “Promote on SoundCloud” which allows DJs to promote their tracks and mixes to the platform’s audience, reaching a larger audience and potential fans.